Monday, September 8, 2008

Words That Draw People to This Blog

In looking at the demographic information about who actually reads my blog I found that there's been a gradual change from "people who accidentally find it because they typed in a google image search" to "people who accidentally find it because they were searching for something else."

Just for the fun of it here are the most common searches that lead people to my blog (in the past year):

How hard is medical school 20ppl 6.08%
medical hierarchy 16ppl 4.86%
Medical school is hard 13ppl 3.95%
medical school quotes 10ppl 3.04%
how hard is medical school? 6ppl 1.82%
med school quotes 4ppl 1.22%
is medical school hard 4ppl 1.22%
hierarchy of medicine 4ppl 1.22%
school of hard knocks baseball 3ppl 0.91%
hierarchy in medicine 3ppl 0.91%

I guess there are a lot of people out there concerned with how hard medical school is--maybe if those people got together with the "medical school is hard" people then they wouldn't have to search anymore.

Mostly for my own curiosity (and to record it for posterity) here is the geographic breakdown.

United States 713 67.90%
Netherlands 129 12.29%
Canada 40 3.81%
United Kingdom 38 3.62%
Australia 15 1.43%
Mexico 14 1.33%
France 8 0.76%
Italy 8 0.76%
New Zealand 7 0.67%
Spain 6 0.57%

In order to maximize the number of people to read my blog, I think I'll title my next entry: "Is Medical School Hard in the United States? Yes, Medical School is Hard in the United States." And then I'll throw the word "hierarchy" in there for good measure.

Addendum: I am now the number two hit on google if you were (for some unknown reason) to type "medical school of hard knocks." And I've got a message for someone out there, you'd better watch your back 'guy-who-once-wrote-an-article-for-TheOnion-using-the-words-medical-school-of-hard-knocks' or your going to lose your number one status.

No comments: