Thursday, March 13, 2008

Second Thoughts on Information Sharing


After being very opinionated about how I would never share information relating to study material here, I found out something interesting about myself.

I received an email informing me of a new program that is just beginning this summer for students in between their first and second years of medical school. As far as I know, this email only went to me, and only because I had applied for a similar program that they decided to discontinue. At the bottom of the email they asked if I might be able to spread the word as they wanted to have 9-10 students take part in the externship this summer.

So what did I do. Without even thinking twice I put together an email that made this program sound like it was the best internship ever, and sent it out to the entire class. For a moment I thought about not sending out the email because the more people that applied, the more competetion I would face, but a second later I decided to send it out anyway. I guess it just goes to show you that someone can support healthy academic competition while still believing that competition doesn't have to extend to all parts of life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what program is this??