Sunday, March 2, 2008

Xanga!

It's funny to look back on what I thought was blog-worthy back in high school. I fairly religiously blogged back then, and I'm glad. Even though they are all pretty awful, it's nice to have a reminder of what was going through my head at that age--which is partly why I started to blog again. And partly because it is a great medium for thinking and refining one's feelings about things in one's life or events in general.

Here's a couple of really "old" entries:

Monday, January 30, 2006
I think that the more I experience life, I've found that there are two types of people in the world. Those who are content to consistently run away from their problems and those that choose to stay and try to make the best of the hand they've been dealt. I find that every day I have to fight being the first person.

Sunday, October 30, 2005
Note to parents: Your son/daughter is no more/less unique because his name is spelled Jaymes or James, also this goes out to all the people who've named their daughter Allison, Allyson, Alison, or however else you can think of spelling it; you aren't doing anyone a favor, just creating a thousand headaches for your son/daughter because no matter how many times your child tells someone, it's always going to be spelled Jason and Allison. Also if your last name is Williams, don't name your son Jason, I think that there are about 1 billion Jason Williams' in the world already. Just to give you an example Jason Williams (NBA players) 1. played for the New Jersey Nets then killed his limo driver (2) Played for Duke and the Bulls until he took a tree on in his motorcyle and destroyed both of his legs and (3) got traded to the Heat from the Mephis Grizzlies. Oh and there's a Jason Williams who plays for the Michigan State football team and also one that scored 3 goals in 16 minutes for the Red Wings. And that's just the first ones that come to mind...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Here's a conversation with my dad (on AIM):

stewb1943: Si Senor

baptistsoccer: haha

baptistsoccer: si means if

baptistsoccer : sí means yes

stewb1943 : you're too good, thought I had you there

(later on)

baptistsoccer: love ya dad

stewb1943: me too

Sunday, September 25, 2005
Wasn't it great to be ten and the only decision you had to make was whether you wanted to play tag or wiffleball.

Monday, July 11, 2005
People should start doing crazy things right now...because who knows when you'll need to use the insanity defense.

I won't bore you with anymore. Good times. Well, maybe a couple more. (I think I convinced myself I was a comedic writer in bloom--to Steven Colbert: I'm still waiting.)

Wednesday, July 06, 2005
I wonder if anyone has actually "backed that thang up" in response to "you'z a real fine woman"

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
The other day at work I thought about how bad it would hurt to fall onto the grill. But then I thought, "Well if you did it right... verticle lines are slimming"

Wednesday, May 25, 2005
I was at work the other day and we've got a bag of "Fancy Mixed Nuts" that I sell, the thing is, they're mostly just peanuts. Now how is it that a bag of peanuts can be called "fancy." I mean seriously, is there anything less "fancy" than the peanut. We use it to make a butter for goodness sake. You don't go in the cupboard and reach for Pecan Butter, now there's a fancy nut...


No comments: